FOREWORD

"With a number of unknown rooms, the victims who fall in it do not manage to leave unharmed ... if they manage to leave"
I do not know how I ended up in such a situation, but a house with that sign, surely had to think twice to enter, although in the place that I was really must be crazy to prefer to stay outside.
The storm was approaching from the east and there were still 64km to reach the next village, with only two hours remaining light, this house is the best option no matter how grim outside, it was an old wooden hut and broken windows that gave it A look of abandonment, the door creaked open, it was the perfect haunted house set in the middle of the road, calling careless travelers who did not calculate their day, just like me ... but I had no choice, so I took a step And I entered the living room, all aspects of vejes and abandonment were only external characteristics, inside was a decent house, worthy of being, at least in the warm seasons, because it was somewhat cold and no traces of fireplace Or heating, call if the owner was, but I answered a distant self in a late echo, the room was empty, I dropped my suitcase in the living room and thought of finding a way to warm myself while waiting for the owner, I would explain the situation and ask for shelter for that night, I started the search for a heater a stove or a fireplace, but it was in vain, locate a stairway that overlooked the second floor and after stepping on the first step, a cold advanced From the sole of my foot to my head leaving my skin really bristling, when I lifted it to take the second step a weight settled on my shoulder and leaving aside all courage or curiosity, with a jump I turned falling sitting on the stairs.

- Young...
An elderly gentleman was standing in front of me, he seemed to be the proprietor, he jumped up and introduced me ...

- Good afternoon, I'm ...
- Do not worry, I've seen his suitcase at the entrance, I'm sure he'll catch the night halfway.
- That's right, it was an oversight on my part.
- It happens frequently, here we do not usually have many guests but it is almost always the same situation.
- Guests, is this an inn?
- Yes, do not you think?
- The truth ... no, and with the notice from outside I do not think I call many customers.
- It's the owner's wishes, I'm the one in charge and I do not have the authority to change anything, let's proceed with his registration. How long will he stay?
- I am a traveler and I do not own to pay for a room, I hoped the lord of the house could give me shelter for tonight, I will leave at dawn.
- Oh ... I see, in that case accompany me to the receipt, take your data in the same way, we have a room, a bed and a bathroom for these cases.
- Thank you very much really.

We walked through a doorway down a hallway and we quickly reached a circular living room, the old man pulled out an old book from a drawer, hung a blank one above the desk with the title "Guest Register" on the cover and Put in his place the book I took, I could see on the cover the word travelers before I opened it practically in half, full of names made the pages advance and stopped a third of the book where the writing was finished and the The rest in white, beckoned me to move to his side and handed me a pen and an inkwell.

- I will give you the keys to the room but you must register as any guest, the payment will not be in cash but a payment must be made, depending on how long your stay will be and your payment will be made.
- A non-cash payment? I do not carry valuables with me, and my survival material is what I have in my suitcase, I can not afford to leave it behind.
- They are the conditions for those who can not afford their stay, my job is to inform them of the requirements, it is up to you to sign or not.
- They are very strange conditions ...
- It's true, but it's the owner's instructions.
- Okay, what will be the price I should pay for one night?
- The price for you is a medical kit.
- A medical kit?
- I have written the fees for all travelers in this book and here it states that for every traveler who arrives late in the afternoon the fee will be a medical kit.
- My medical kit is the only equipment I have, with the works that allow me to have some money to eat, however I have a very well equipped first aid kit could I pay with it?
- I'm sorry, traveler, the conditions are written and I'm not authorized to make changes ...
- I find it a very high fee just for a night of lodging.
- The fee is for three nights, but you can leave when you wish if it is your will.
- So ... Are you charging me for three nights when I just asked for one !?
- The first payment is three nights minimum, I do not want to enter into discussions, and I clarify at first that is your decision, but you must decide now because I must leave soon.
I was very close to turning around and leaving when a thunder sounded in the middle of the already fallen night and that dissipated all doubts, I inserted the pen in the inkwell and put my data in the register.
The manager handed me the keys and told me that I would not return until another customer arrived or the day was over, also that the payment should be made at the time I left and that I would leave the fee on that table, I keep the book in the drawer and He bothered to check the data he had written on it, he extracted a key and guided me down the hallway to the room, on the way we picked up the suitcase and went up the stairs.
The room was the first one to the left of four doors that were to the sides and another to the bottom, this one was different from the others, it was thick wood; Maybe oak, with metal pommel ...
The sound of a door opening made me look back, the attendant was entering the room and I followed.

- This is your room while you're here.
- And the kitchen?
- It is shared and is on the lower floor.
- It is that when I arrived I went around the house and did not see it.
- It's easy to find it when you need it, when you go down the stairs you'll see what I say, now I must go, I should not stay here any longer ...
- And ... Where will it go if the night has already fallen?
- Young people today do not know how to keep curiosity at bay, right?
- Excuse me, it was not my intention ...
- You have to take care of yourself because curiosity killed the cat, and here it could cause problems ... I have an attachment on the edge of the land, now I'm leaving.
He turned and left the room with a hurried pace, I immediately went to the bathroom, a shower will help me relax, I hope to rest all night and tomorrow to continue my journey, I have to find a way to recover my kit or to get one New and how things were going I was very likely to go for the new one, the problem is the money, but I'll leave it for tomorrow ...
Miraculously there was hot water and I did not bother to question that, just thanked for my luck and I bathed, when leaving were already past seven at night and hunger knocked on the door so I grab the suitcase and venture out in search of the kitchen On the lower floor, the instant I took the step of the last step I saw a door and an attraction called me impulsively to open it, to my surprise was the kitchen, although before entering it was sure to be so, as with The hot water from the shower did not bother me to question it and I thanked God that the old man was right, looked around and found a store with a note on the door that read:

"Dear user, feel free to take what you want, but only what you can eat here, if you take food from my domains, the price will have to pay"

"Free food!" I thought and it did not bother saving me a meal of my reservations, they could even be two if I count breakfast tomorrow, it was a good idea and I would be careful to eat alone in that room ... I did not want to "pay The price, "was full of cold meats, canned and long-lasting food, the same as I had in my suitcase, but in the fridge there were a variety of pre-cooked meals, a feast compared to my meal, I heated a dish in the microwave And dine ... as it was free (although I paid with my kit, it could be more expensive) I ate three, I also had a juice that was refrigerated and I went up to my room ... just when closing the door the rain Outside and began the peal of the heavy raindrops against the window, they seemed more hailstones than anything else, I imagined in the open and thanked again to be indoors, I walked to the bed which seemed paradise to me perhaps sleep on the floor? But the dream was too much to answer this question and I surrendered before him...


FOLLOWING

Comments